This CME activity provides radiologists with a practical overview of the use of MR imaging and MR arthrography in the assessment of synovial joints with a focus on the most common articular disorders and those internal derangements that are encountered daily in clinical practice.
Through targeted lectures and real-world case reviews, learners will get an in-depth understanding of the various types of human articulations and, with regard to synovial joints, the many diverse structures contained within them, including articular cartilage, subchondral bone plate, subjacent bone, synovial membrane, joint capsule, and intra-articular menisci, tendons, ligaments, and labra. Experts will walk through effective search patterns and how to distinguish between normal variations and pathologic abnormalities
Earn CME While Becoming A More Confident Radiologist
MRI Online organizes our courses into short, Micro CME topics and automatically keeps track of credits earned.
As you learn with MRI Online, your CME credits accrue and can be claimed at any time.
Browse all Content on MRI Online
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Accurately assess MR images in patients with articular disorders and internal derangements
- Describe the anatomic features of human articulations, the structures contained within them, and the abnormalities associated with specific articular disorders
- Detail diagnostic findings and differential diagnostic considerations for a wide variety of particular disorders, especially in synovial joints, that are encountered daily in clinical practices employing MR imaging
- Accurately identify and communicate those findings that require the immediate attention of the referring physician
- Recommend the appropriate application of standard MR imaging and MR arthrography to the assessment of common and uncommon disorders and derangements of synovial joints
Bibliography: Suggested reading resources and references can be found within course materials for each session.
MRI Online is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide
continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
MRI Online designates this LIVE conference for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Planning Committee
Daniel Arnold, MBA
CEO and Co-Founder
Senior Content Manager
Jennifer A. Hall, MS
Deanna M. Heier, PhD
VP, Educational Strategy and Operations
The Program Director for this live conference has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
CME Planning Committee
The CME Planning Committee members have no relevant financial relationship to disclose.
The Faculty for this live conference have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Staff and Content reviewers
All MRI Online staff and reviewers involved in the development of content for this activity have no
relevant financial relationships to disclose.
There is no commercial support for this activity.
Course content is peer-reviewed for content validity by persons that do not have conflicts of interest related to
the content and to verify the educational material is evidence-based, fair, balanced, and free from commercial bias.