April 16, 2020
Today is an important day in the growth of MRI Online. We’ve made significant improvements to our platform that we’re excited to share with you.
What’s New in MRI Online?
- CME Updates
- New Free Courses
- Known Issues and Bugs
- New Blog - Dr. Collins Career Corner
- DICOM web viewer by Ambra
- Dark mode theme - rest your eyes in the reading room
How to login?
We implemented an increased security measure during the migrating from the old platform to the new platform. Therefore, all members who had an account before today (4/16/20) will need to reset their password here to access the new site.
Now you can earn, manage, and claim your CME faster and easier than before..
- Micro CME — Earn credits for every video you watch. Once you accumulate 30 minutes of watch time, you'll earn 0.5 CME.
- CME Certificates — Choose which activities you'd like to redeem for a CME certificate. All of your accrued credits can be claimed in the new profile section.
- CME On Written Content — Earn 0.5 CME for every diagnosis definition or case you read.
How to Claim Micro CME (video tutorial)
How to Claim CME on Written Content
After reading the article, click the Claim CME button at the top of the page. This CME amount (0.5) will be added to your Pending CME total. You can then redeem that CME in your user profile.
What Happened to the CME I earned before April 15, 2020?
All CME claimed before 4/15/20 is still stored in our system. We can retrieve these certificates for you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be adding all previously claimed certificates to your user profile area over the coming weeks.
New Free Courses
- Noon Conference - Daily Lecture for Radiologists Worldwide; live-streamed and on-demand
- COVID-19 - COVID-19 coverage, including up to date material on imaging this disease
- Free Trial - Experience everything MRI Online has to offer for 48 hours
Collins Career Corner
Written by Dr. Jannette Collins, a radiologist and former radiology residency program director, dean of graduate medical education, and chair of an academic radiology department. Her passions are education and business/personal finance.
New DICOM Viewer provided by Ambra
With the Ambra viewer, you can access MRI Online images anywhere using the DICOM web viewer on a workstation, laptop, tablet or smartphone. You can now:
- Create detailed annotations
- Access 3D manipulation tools that allow images to be scrolled through in each plane
- View images in a variety of layouts
- Adjust contrasting tools to emphasize various parts of images
- Play video of image series with full speed control
To view images on mobile devices, you’ll need to download the free Ambra app from the app store. Clicking viewer links from mrionline.com will automatically load cases in the Ambra app.
To learn more about how to use the viewing tools, see our user guide: https://mrionline.com/wp-content/uploads/Ambra_Datasheet_Viewer.pdf
- Incomplete course progress sync: Some users may find that course they had completed in the past are now marked incomplete. We're currently working to update course progress and there is no need for users to update there progress or retake any previously completed courses.
- Missing courses: During the content migration a few courses didn't make it like Benign Liver Lesions, Pediatric MSK, Power Packs and DICOM cases. These and other missing courses will be accessible shortly.
- Reduced site speed: Some users are experiencing reduced speed when accessing course videos. We are currently working on a fix to improve video playback and load speed.
Questions? Comments? Need Support?
Contact us at email@example.com