Stepped on another player's foot and felt a pop in the ankle
- Stepped on another player’s foot and felt a pop in the ankle
- Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed. 1.5T High Field Oval
- Effusion and hemarthrosis.
- Anterior talofibular ligament ruptured.
- Calcaneofibular ligament ruptured.
- Posterior talofibular ligament swollen but intact.
- High ankle and syndesmosis normal.
- Peroneal retinaculum torn.
- Peroneus longus and brevis normal.
- Medial tendon group normal.
- Anterior tendon group normal.
- Posterior tendon group normal.
- Subtalar ligaments abnormal:
- a. Talocalcaneal interosseous ligament intact.
- b. Cervical ligament ruptured.
- c. Inferolateral retinaculum or stem ligament torn.
- Skeleton: No fractures no OCDs and large os trigonum.
- Soft Tissues: Large anterolateral hematoma with soft tissue swelling
- Two part ankle sprain/rupture low ankle. High ankle spared. Hematoma. Subtalar ligamentous injury involving cervical and inferolateral ligamentous complex
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.