Stepped on another player's foot and felt a pop in the ankle
- Stepped on another player’s foot and felt a pop in the ankle
- Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed. 1.5T High Field Oval
- Effusion and hemarthrosis.
- Anterior talofibular ligament ruptured.
- Calcaneofibular ligament ruptured.
- Posterior talofibular ligament swollen but intact.
- High ankle and syndesmosis normal.
- Peroneal retinaculum torn.
- Peroneus longus and brevis normal.
- Medial tendon group normal.
- Anterior tendon group normal.
- Posterior tendon group normal.
- Subtalar ligaments abnormal:
- a. Talocalcaneal interosseous ligament intact.
- b. Cervical ligament ruptured.
- c. Inferolateral retinaculum or stem ligament torn.
- Skeleton: No fractures no OCDs and large os trigonum.
- Soft Tissues: Large anterolateral hematoma with soft tissue swelling
- Two part ankle sprain/rupture low ankle. High ankle spared. Hematoma. Subtalar ligamentous injury involving cervical and inferolateral ligamentous complex
Learn from our world renowned faculty.
35+Mastery Video Courses
400+Scrollable Cases and Reports
Free TrialTry it free for 7 days
All delivered in micro-learning modules to help
you get straight to learning