56-year-old male - Sagittal Plane: Sequences
Running and felt a pop.
Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed. 1.5T High Field Oval.
- Tibiotalar joint is normal. Anterior and posterior subtalar joints are normal. The talar joints are normal. No coalition is seen.
- Sinus tarsi is normal.
- Mild Achilles tendon tendinosis but no tear. Plantar fascia is normal.
- Talar dome is normal without osteochondral defect.
- Superficial and deep portions of deltoid are normal. Spring ligament is normal.
- The anterior tibiofibular ligament syndesmosis and posterior tibiofibular ligament are normal. The anterior talofibular ligament and posterior talofibular ligament are normal. Calcaneofibular ligament is normal.
- Tibialis posterior tendon flexor digitorum longus tendon and flexor hallucis longus tendon are normal. Peroneus brevis tendon is normal. Near full-thickness tear of the distal peroneus longus tendon as it curves around the cuboid bone.
- Tarsometatarsal joints are normal. Lisfranc ligament is normal.
Acute near full-thickness tear of the peroneus longus tendon in the foot as it wraps around the cuboid bone and plantar to the other cuboid bones.
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.