26-year-old male athlete - Unable to push off with foot due to pain
Right great toe pain. Pain developed following a football game.
Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed.
- No Lisfranc tear. No midfoot sprain. No fracture dislocation.
- Full thickness tear through the tibial sesamoid-phalangeal ligament. Diffuse swelling secondary to capsular ligament sprain is associated. Myoedema within a portion of the abductor hallucis muscle is compatible with strain or contusion. No sesamoid contusion or fracture. No proximal displacement or subluxation.
- No forefoot macrofracture or Freiberg infraction.
- Flexor and extensor tendon complexes are intact.
- Turf toe. Full thickness tear/delamination of tibial sesamoid-phalangeal ligament (plantar plate) from its sesamoid attachment associated with capsulitis and pericapsular swelling. No sesamoid migration. No fracture.
- Please see above.
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.