61-year-old male patient with elbow instability
Rupture right elbow.
AX SET1 AXFRFSE T2 COR FRFSE STIR SAGFRFSE STIR COR 3D FIESTA.
- Osseous: No macrofracture. Large elbow joint effusion. Sloppy hinge syndrome with central chondromalacia.
- Triceps biceps brachialis tendons and insertion intact.
- Preserved signal intensity within the ulnar nerve.
- Distal full thickness tear ulnar collateral ligament. Proximal origin partial tear. Mild tendinosis of the common flexor group.
- Near full thickness tear common extensor tendon origin. Disrupted radial collateral ligament. Lateral ulnar collateral ligament is also disrupted.
- Large elbow joint effusion. No bodies.
SUSPECT MULTIDIRECTION INSTABILITY WITH PLRI stage 3B (posterolateral rotatory instability)
- Large elbow joint effusion. Full thickness tear radial LUCL and ulnar collateral ligaments.
- Near full thickness tear origin of the common extensor tendon group at the lateral epicondyle.
- Preserved signal intensity within the ulnar nerve. No surrounding muscular contusion.
- Articular surface chondromalacia. Sloppy hinge syndrome.
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.