18-year-old dancer left hip labral tear
- 18-year-old dancer for evaluation of left hip labral tear
- Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were obtained before and after contrast administration. 1cc of OptiMARK injected
- Focal small partial-thickness nondisplaced anterior-superior to superior labral tear. Focal area of mild chondral thinning at the weightbearing aspect of the hip joint
- Ligamentum teres is intact.
- Visualized hip flexor extensor adductor and abductor muscles are unremarkable without strain edema focal atrophy tear or tendinopathy.
- Visualized bones are unremarkable without edema marrow infiltrating process or fracture.
- Visualized portions of the pelvis including ovaries bladder uterus and bowel are grossly unremarkable.
- Focal small partial-thickness nondisplaced anterior-superior and superior labral tear. Focal area of mild chondral thinning at the weight-bearing aspect of the hip joint
- Cam-type impingement likely secondary
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.