15-year-old female who injured thumb playing volleyball
Playing volleyball hyperextended 6 weeks ago now with pain in the 1st MCP.
Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed.
- A grade 1 gamekeeper thumb is noted with a tear of the UCL whose separation dimension from the attachment is 2.3mm.
- No Stener-type lesion is identified.
- No macrofracture is identified.
- No entrapment or backfolding of the UCL is noted.
- The palmar plate is spared. The extensors are normal. The flexors are normal.
Grade 1 gamekeeper thumb with 2.3mm of retraction.
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.