15-year-old female with ulnar sided pain after twisting injury
Evaluate for TFC tear twisted wrist 3 months ago now with ulnar aspect wrist pain.
Long- and short-axis fat- and water-weighted images were performed.
- Injury to the distal TFCC attachments are noted especially on the dorsal aspect of the wrist. Injury of the styloidal attachment of the TFC is also noted with the extensor carpi ulnaris intact.
- At the site of TFC attachment to the ulnar styloid is a stress reaction.
- Generalized synovial swelling in the ulnar styloid prestyloid recess and around the ulnomeniscus homologue is noted.
- Findings are compatible with a Palmer classification 1B injury.
- The TFC itself is preserved.
Peripheral injury of the triangular fibrocartilage which extends dorsally Palmer 1B with reactive synovitis. Sparing of the extensor capri ulnaris.
Try MRI Online Premium for free.
100+Mastery Series video courses
500+Expert case reviews
UnlimitedCME & SA-CME credits
Learn from world renowned radiologists anytime,
actice on real, high-yield cases with MRI Online Premium.